VST Precision Filter Basket
Official Filter Basket of the 2020 World Barista Championship
- VST’s precision filters deliver consistent extraction performance over a wide range of concentration with reduced sediment
- Designed to extract properly as a ristretto, normale or lungo with minimal or no change in grind setting at a fixed dose
- Filters are matched for total square area to +/- 5% to ensure identical performance
(typical variances of standard filters range from 50-200% of nominal open square area)
- All VST Filters are WARRANTED for ONE-YEAR and for ZERO DEFECTS
- Holes are fabricated using a new micro-machine and finishing process
- 100% of holes are measured on every filter for min/max range limits on area and diameter to a precision of +/- 20 µm (individual QC report provided with every filter)
- All holes are measured for circularity, placement, square area and blocked holes
- Hole pattern is centered to +/- 1.0 mm and placement is oriented for uniform extraction throughout the entire puck
- Wide outlet angle to prevent filters from clogging, patented anti-wear design ensures uniform performance for life of product
- Improved structural integrity, will withstand deflection from pump cycling without premature fatigue failures (see VST Warranty)
- 58.40mm Tamper Recommened
Designed to fit most 60mm Portafilters
- 25-g, 22-g & 7-g fits all La Marzocco and Most Synesso and Nuova Simonelli models using their standard portafilters.
- Faema, La Cimbali, Rancilio require a bottomless portafilter.
- 20g, 18-g & 15-g fits most La Marzocco, Synesso, Nuova Simonelli, Faema, La Cimbali, Rancilio with standard portafilters.
- Check height specification (in mm) in PDF document and compare to the depth available in your portafilter.
- 22-g, 20-g and 18-g are compatible with the La Marzocco SWIFT Grinder
Note: If you are unsure of portafilter depth compatibility, VST recommends using a bottomless portafilter.
Ridgeless 20g, Ridgeless 18g